this sort of stems off of another post i read from one of my friends but this is something that has been weighing on my mind for quite a while...
It practically drives me up the wall when someone says that if you don't vote for the lesser of the two evils you're allowing the "most evil" person to win...which is a twisted idea.
Think about it.
It's people like that who ruin the beauty of a democracy. I mean, c'mon. If every person who voted voted for the person they thought would best fit the bill (which is their RIGHT as an American citizen) then there would be many more choices out there. But instead we get stuck with "the two evils." But let me ask you this: what's the point in voting for the lesser of two evils when they're both evil? They both have the potential to be equally as evil, after all, they're evil, right? And let me ask you a second question: why would you vote for someone who violates your convictions and your conscience? That's somewhat ridiculous. Another thing, Christian Conservatives will vote for anyone who says they're prolife. They don't have to meet ANY other requirements - they just have to be prolife.
But.
It's the people who can't think for themselves who actually believe this common lie about the lesser of two evils.
I believe in America. I believe in a democratic republic. I believe in the power of the third party (and no, I do not mean Ralph Nader). Good grief, both republican AND democrat parties are corrupt. LOOK INTO OTHER OPTIONS PEOPLE!!! There's the Constitution Party, for instance, who has a great candidate up for election. Chuck Baldwin. The man who firmly believes in following the Constitution.
VOTE CHUCK!!!!!!!!
The Garth Brooks Dilemma.
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment