oh gently lay your head upon my chest
and I will comfort you like a mother while you rest
the tide can change so fast, but I will stay
the same through past, the same in future, same today
I am constant; I am near
I am peace that shatters all your secret fears
I am holy; I am wise
I'm the only one who knows your heart's desires
your heart's desires
oh weary, tired and worn, let out your sighs
and drop that heavy load you hold 'cause Mine is light
I know you through and through; there's no need to hide
I want to show you love that is deep and high and wide
'cause I am constant; I am near
I am peace that shatters all your secret fears
I am holy; I am wise
I'm the only one who knows your heart's desires
your heart's desires
I am constant; I am near
I am peace that shatters all your secret fears
I am holy; I am wise
I'm the only one who knows your heart's desires
your heart's desires
oh gently lay your head upon my chest
and I will comfort you like a mother while you rest
This song (I Am - Jill Phillips, btw) just always calms me down and brings me peace. I'm the type of person who needs time to wrap my mind around something before I like the idea and before I'm ready to handle it...so I hate it when plans change or things don't work out. but the line "the tide can change so fast, but I will stay the same through past, the same in future, same today" just gives me goose bumps because I know the ONLY thing in my life that can promise steadfast commitment and constancy is my Savior, Jesus Christ. He is my resting place. He loves me. He wants ME to call on him. ME!! He knows the desires of my hearts and promises to provide a peace that is beyond understanding. And those aren't just empty words. Those are love filled actions.
You know how you pick up the cross and follow him? Well, i don't know about you, but sometimes i get distracted. well....A LOT of times i get distracted. And i pick up "someone" else's load. And it's heavier and harder to bare and only the Good Lord knows why I wander away..I mean, his load is SO MUCH LIGHTER. SO MUCH EASIER. SO MUCH MORE REWARDING. I don't know how any other load could be the least bit appealing. But He is faithful to me - even when I don't return the fidelity. He brings me back and lets me rest.
The greatest thing is, He knows my heart. He knows all that I am. He wants me to be honest. I was talking about this with a friend once and the thought was put on the table: Could it be that the reason that King David was called a man after God's own heart was because he was so shockingly honest with God? I mean, read the psalms. One moment he's praising God for His works and then the next he's questioning and almost telling God that he should smite these people. I mean, David was incredibly honest before God. He was willing to expose the vilest pieces of his heart and have God work on them. He understood that God wasn't finished with him yet.
That's another promise, and maybe one of the most important. That I am God's materpiece. He's not going to call me home til He's completed His work in me and I've finished His purpose for me.
and I will comfort you like a mother while you rest
the tide can change so fast, but I will stay
the same through past, the same in future, same today
I am constant; I am near
I am peace that shatters all your secret fears
I am holy; I am wise
I'm the only one who knows your heart's desires
your heart's desires
oh weary, tired and worn, let out your sighs
and drop that heavy load you hold 'cause Mine is light
I know you through and through; there's no need to hide
I want to show you love that is deep and high and wide
'cause I am constant; I am near
I am peace that shatters all your secret fears
I am holy; I am wise
I'm the only one who knows your heart's desires
your heart's desires
I am constant; I am near
I am peace that shatters all your secret fears
I am holy; I am wise
I'm the only one who knows your heart's desires
your heart's desires
oh gently lay your head upon my chest
and I will comfort you like a mother while you rest
This song (I Am - Jill Phillips, btw) just always calms me down and brings me peace. I'm the type of person who needs time to wrap my mind around something before I like the idea and before I'm ready to handle it...so I hate it when plans change or things don't work out. but the line "the tide can change so fast, but I will stay the same through past, the same in future, same today" just gives me goose bumps because I know the ONLY thing in my life that can promise steadfast commitment and constancy is my Savior, Jesus Christ. He is my resting place. He loves me. He wants ME to call on him. ME!! He knows the desires of my hearts and promises to provide a peace that is beyond understanding. And those aren't just empty words. Those are love filled actions.
You know how you pick up the cross and follow him? Well, i don't know about you, but sometimes i get distracted. well....A LOT of times i get distracted. And i pick up "someone" else's load. And it's heavier and harder to bare and only the Good Lord knows why I wander away..I mean, his load is SO MUCH LIGHTER. SO MUCH EASIER. SO MUCH MORE REWARDING. I don't know how any other load could be the least bit appealing. But He is faithful to me - even when I don't return the fidelity. He brings me back and lets me rest.
The greatest thing is, He knows my heart. He knows all that I am. He wants me to be honest. I was talking about this with a friend once and the thought was put on the table: Could it be that the reason that King David was called a man after God's own heart was because he was so shockingly honest with God? I mean, read the psalms. One moment he's praising God for His works and then the next he's questioning and almost telling God that he should smite these people. I mean, David was incredibly honest before God. He was willing to expose the vilest pieces of his heart and have God work on them. He understood that God wasn't finished with him yet.
That's another promise, and maybe one of the most important. That I am God's materpiece. He's not going to call me home til He's completed His work in me and I've finished His purpose for me.
2 comments:
beautiful :] and so true. i hope (whatever that situation was) resolves soon!
i heart you! and i really liked reading this. for rizzle.
Post a Comment